Ot - New Shell Commercial. When F1 was F1.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ot - New Shell Commercial. When F1 was F1.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 04:54 pm:

Formula 1 & Ferrari fans enjoy, no computer graphics. Thanks to Ray Green for the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1_kwxzU4wL4&vq=medium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter C. Strebeck on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 05:22 pm:

I thought that it was going to be about real F-1.

F-1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 05:26 pm:

Peter;
My first PU was just like it. Is that a 1950 Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 07:29 pm:

I hit ice on a curve and slammed one just like that onto its side when I was 15. Caught hell from the old man. Had sneaked it out... He kept driving it for years with the dents, maybe just to remind me.

The '49 has rotating door handles, the '50 has pull type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 07:38 pm:

I had better luck with my dad's pick-up, Ralph. It was a little newer, a 1960 F-100, that I managed to back into a hill and buckle the rear bumper and both quarter panels (I was 16 at the time). I told him a friend wanted to borrow it for a few days to move, then took it into the body shop and had it fixed (don't remember how I paid for it). When it was repaired I returned it home and didn't tell him for about 30 years.

Makes me wonder how many similar stories my own kids have that I don't know about. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Thanks for that link I love F1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:29 pm:

I sold a '53 F100 a couple years ago and I miss it a lot. Back around 1965 a friend and I tipped a '55 F100 on it's side and slid down an icy road for several feet. It was about 25 degrees below zero. We were about 16 miles out in the country in Northern Minnesota and about 3 miles from the closest house. We had chainsaws, axes, pic harpoons, oil and gas cans and tools scattered from hell to breakfast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Benoit on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 05:21 am:

Sea cliff bridge?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 08:01 am:

The ' F ' series truck was intended for the Farmer.

' F ' stood for Farm.

They were designed to be a farm truck.

I have always used an F350 Dually to tow.

My opinion is .....

If you rely on your truck for your business,
sooner or later you are going to drive a Ford ... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 08:27 am:

The F series trucks included everything from the 1/2 ton "Bonus Built" F1 pickup truck up to the F8 heavy Duty series trucks.

So you are saying all those trucks were intended for farm use? I disagree. F stands for Ford.

When Toyota entered the medium duty pickup truck game seriously in the late 1990's they offered a truck called the "T100" to compete against the Ford F series pickup. Ford threatened legal action, and after years of negotiations Toyota dropped the T100 badging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 04:41 pm:

More OT, but check out this comparison of a 1950 Indy 500 pit stop and a 2013 F1 pit stop. Four tires in 4 seconds! http://www.wimp.com/pitcomparison/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

Royce,

The F designation was to honor the Farmer.

The F truck line was created - marketed - sold to the farmer.

1948 Ford ad ...

Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration