OT Neat shelf.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Neat shelf.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

Made from luggage rack and a length of barn board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:52 pm:

Great Idea. I just happen to have a spare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 08:56 pm:

I like it. I have a bunch of the luggage carriers I have trouble selling. Im going to build one with a Ford running board for the shelf. Ill try it at the next swap meet to see how they do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Friday, May 09, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

Donnie, you beat me to it. That is a pretty good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 10:34 am:

I hope that that's more then push pins holding it up! Neat idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

My wife said "N0 Way!!" Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

Pretty clever, I have several of those lying around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

The only problem I see with using a running boards is the luggage rack may not go all the way across the whole running board. I know the one I have is only about half a running board in length. I can stretch it out to reach most of the board, but that's at it's limit and it doesn't really hold anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

Picked up one of these today at the annual auto flea market we have here in Mansfield every year, this thread must have been on my mind. I'm way too anal about clamping anything on to the painted surfaces of my T, so up on the wall she goes!...the wife looked at me funny when i bought it, looks like it will have to mounted in the man cave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 11:31 pm:

John,
If you don't want to mark your paint,just cut some 1/4" strips of rubber & put them at connecting points of the rack.
Gary,
How about using a T running board,instead of a wooden one ?
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 11:49 pm:

Two great ideas Scott. I already used roofing ice shield around the perimeters of the floorboards to reduce the annoying vibration noise, it has a sticky side that once attached is very durable. Also used it on the clamp on style side mirrors. But i really love your idea of using a real running board opposed to just wood,very cool idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 11:52 am:

Scott, I dunno. Just saw it on Craigs list and thought it was pretty neat. Now I have to decide if I want to use my rack on the hack or make a shelf for myself. Getting kinda goofy. Better get off my seat and get something to eat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 07:42 pm:

Gee Gary, you are a Wurlitzer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration