Rear Fender Irons -- Runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rear Fender Irons -- Runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 11:07 am:

I believe there are more than one size of rear fender irons for the '15-25 Runabouts. They look very similar but are different lengths (or heights), I think. Does anyone know which years the different sizes are for? Or, specifically, which ones are right for a '21?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

Anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

Mike: According to my 1925 parts book the rear fender iron is the same from 13-23, and I'm sure they meant to put 25 instead of 23!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 06:22 pm:

Thanks, Larry -- Maybe it's only the '24-5 ones which are different. Didn't that book have a number for the '24-5 ones?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

According to my reprint of the 1928 Price List of Parts, the rear fender iron numbers are:

For 1913-1923 Coupe and Runabout
4804E (right)
4804F (left)

My book doesn't have an illustration for either 4804E or F.

For 1923 - 1925 (no body style listed, but the illustrations look like Runabout parts)
4804M (right)
4804N (left)

I'm not sure why 1923 is covered by both sets of part numbers, maybe 4804M and N are really for model years 1924-1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 06:50 pm:

Thanks, Mark. Maybe the reason for the '23-5 designation is the calendar year/model year thing.

I guess I'll need to study some of my parts books when I'm at my shop tomorrow. Maybe there are some factory numbers cast into the irons.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration