Brass Polishing Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Brass Polishing Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 10:04 am:

Is there a tool, such as a Dremel, that anyone can recommend for polishing the hard-to-reach-with-a-cloth places on lamps?

Also, what attachments are best to use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 10:16 am:

I have used electric toothbrushes and scotchbrite glued to a Popsicle stick. I have also used 5 year olds. (they'll do it for the Popsicle, then you have a stick to use) The Dremel polishing pads work, but take care with the screw that holds the pade to the shaft. I gouged a newly replated reflector due to carelessness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

Mothers Polishes and Waxes has some nice polishing tools. One smaller round, a larger round and a couple of others. Used mostly in alum and chrome wheels on hot rods and customs but work very well when you need a mechanical means to polish.

They are a fine company that has donated many times to our national and local club tours and events.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration