What did I find ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What did I find ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:07 pm:

I have two tire carriers. One has four mounting holes and the other one only three. They have four inch goose neck and a three-way yoke for mounting the rim.

I would like to know if they are Model T or Model A, what year they were issued, and what their value is, thank you Frank Harris

mounting bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:48 pm:

'26 - '27 Coupe spare rim mounts - I'm only assuming that the 4 hole came before the 3 hole as Ford was producing their own steel bodies at that time, I believe. I have the 4 hole "spool" mounted on the rear of my Racer with the "Y" for a 30 x 3.5 tire, which would have been supplied on a non-starter equipped model of that era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

Forgot to add: value - I've gotten $20 - $25 for a nice spool and I've seen the 21" "Y"'s bring a bit more than that. I believe the 23" "Y" would fetch a bit more due to the rarity but then, not sure there are many non-starter '26 - '27 Model T's running around - IMO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 07:33 pm:

I know Terry Woods had the quandary when he was selling carrier mounts for wire wheels. When we got back from Chickasaw his coupe needed a 3holer, his brothers required the four holer. He asked a few people at the swap meet and I've forgotten the reason for the difference. I'll let him chime in on that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 12:06 am:

I Had both the four and three hole spare tire mount posts and both the four and three bolt mount reinforcement brackets that fit under the sheet metal panel below the deck lid. Doing some research, I found the four hole was used in 26 in early production and the three hole was possibly used in later 26 production but was widely used in all of 27 production. I don't remember whether the information that I found was in the Model T Encyclopedia or in another article that I read.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration