Wheres Mike G been ????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Wheres Mike G been ????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 10:13 pm:

Heard he's been to the mountain top; or was that the promised land?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 11:26 pm:

Is that the UP?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, May 12, 2014 - 11:45 pm:

Hey, the UP got nuttin on the land o lakes ya know. An by got youse better believe dem Finnish folks up dere in nordern Wintersoda ain't gonna take it lightly if youse fellas keep getting dem mixed up wit dose UP Finns. Here we have good healthy strapping young Finn boys ya know. Dey spen lotsa time dere in da sauna. But den ya know, a lot of dem Finn girls, look a lotta like dem Finn boys, only da girls have ta shave a little more offen. Well I gotta go now, da fire in da smoke house/sauna is git tin down dere and Ma wants me ta git a new bunch of sedar boughs for da cleansin' in da sauna. And it's Toivo's turn ta cut a hole in da ice for da lake dippin'!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 07:04 am:

So Ma's making a batch of them darn nasty pasties again eh??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 07:15 am:

I heard he bought some cheese mobile and he's been busy getting rid of all the curds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 08:34 am:

Sorry Troop, no "Ma's" around here for many years. Life is good in the great white North. Really only two curds to get rid of Andy. The steering and the coils. The coils I've got in there now, are good. 2 of the coils that were in there were a little messed up and the timing rod needed to be re-bent. It was running a little retarded and was within a touch of the sweet spot. The thing runs like a scalded rabbit now. I've also gotta get breakfast out of the radiator and patch a small pin hole that could be a bit of a nuisance if it decided to get worse on one of those lonnnng tours we go on. One of the best starting T's I've seen up to this point and the trans and rear axle run quiet. The lack of upholstery is a little disconcerting but that's easily fixed. The 12 volt system is without a doubt the only way to go if you're not anal about everything being as Henry wanted it. All in all I got a fair shake on the deal and I'm pretty happy. But a word of warning. Troop thinks we want to ride in that Buick GSX and we all know how crazy that's gonna be. Thank God I was saved by a hot starter. Now I gotta figure some way to get back over there and put the rotor back in so the beast will run for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

Is that the UP?

Naw... L.A.--- Lower Alabama

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/1j6uc5.jpg[/IMG]

Explain to the Amish kid about retarded spark woodja? He kept saying it was advanced too far, yet you needed to pull the lever half way down to start. The birds' nuts are totally emulsified in the sauce. Pull the lower hose and that pin hole will show itself. Leave 'em in there just to piss off the exspurts. Notice the OEM perfect steering quadrant screw at 12:00. DONT LOSE IT !! You know the story on the coils.
Nuthin' comes alive like a 455 !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

You got me smilin' now! Thanks for the hint on the pinhole. It was a good improvement on power and running with the spark lever/coil/timer exercise. Don't be too hard on the kid. He's working hard to learn and will make a great T mechanic as the years go by. His Dad is very good at rebuilds. He's thorough, fussy, with a lot of practical knowledge and knows how to save a buck. The kid is super intelligent but needs time. His Dad is extremely patient and openminded. I just hope he doesn't get the "proper" restoration bug. There's enough anal retentivity in this hobby without have to deal with another perfectionist. Although I did notice the cotter pins on the radiator nuts were val. in opposite to each other and he might have one of the spring shackles reversed. I just hate it when people don't pay attention to detail. Did I tell you that the other day I saw a model T that someone had parked with the Ford logo on one hubcap vertical and the logo on the other cap upside down. I wish the kid would have seen that. It'd be a lesson he wouldn't soon forget. I mentioned to a radiator guy yesterday while talking to him that my radiator doesn't leak because the previous guy had dropped two cackle berries in it. I think he's probably still spitting coffee and I swear to Christ, he started coughing because he'd swallowed his pinch of Copenhagen. Does he here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Koffee undt Cobenhaben eh??? Better watch out around me cause Ill let a one liner go and youll blow the coffee AND the plug outa yer nose at the restaurant table... The regular waitress we have up here stands by with a towel...

Having xes is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Koffee undt Cobenhaben eh??? Better watch out around me cause Ill let a one liner go and youll blow the coffee AND the plug outa yer nose at the restaurant table... The regular waitress we have up here stands by with a towel...

Having xes is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

Im redundant; bend my rod so Im not retarded too...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration