OT Mercury Body Speedster PAPER (book)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Mercury Body Speedster PAPER (book)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

Finally after 50 plus years of collecting, a spiral bound collection of Mercury Speedster images from the Master of Mercury is available.
See Classifieds http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/444805.html?1400024020

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 08:25 pm:

After 50 years, I would have expected more than just a photo album for $30+. I can get photos off the internet.

I'd like to see good hard facts like serial numbers by year and year-to-year variations in the bodies and construction details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Ken,

You are correct there lots of photos of Mercury Speedsters as well as other cars on the web. I initially used to save them, but I have so many of them and most of them are low resolution that I have found. So now unless it is a photo I don't already have or it is a higher resolution of one I already have, I seldom save them any more.

I haven't seen Jarvis' bound collection yet, but I just printed off the information and asked my wonderful wife for an early Father's day gift. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives. Based on the previous work I have seen by Jarvis I don't think I will be disappointed.

Note he is the author of the excellent 14 page article on the Mercury Speedsters in the Jul - Aug 1980 "Vintage Ford." He also maintains a Mercury Speedster registry. And he is the most knowledgeable Mercury Speedster authority that I know of. So I think it will be a fun read.

Tom -- thank you for sharing the link to the classified forum with that information. Without a heads up, I probably would have missed it -- as I don't have room for another T so I don't normally look that often at the classified advertisements. But I do have room for another book!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

I have the article. It's more like 20 pages but then again, 10 are pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

Jarvis is one of the most sharing people in the hobby today, and has been for many years. He has lived and breathed everything Mercury for decades now. I'm down for whatever he is offering. I will treasure it, and add it to my collection of postcards, fridge magnets,christmas cards and advertising paper that he has shared freely for many years now. THANKS CHRIS AND JARVIS !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 06:08 pm:

I know Jarvis has put a lot of time and effort into this book and has gone to a lot of trouble to find a printer willing to do the job, locate the correct size paper for the printer. I doubt you will find most of these photos on the net. I agree with Tim, Jarvis is a very sharing person and gives out far more than he will ever receive in return. To me Jarvis is sharing this information with all of us. He won't make any money out of it and will be lucky to break even which happens with all low volume book prints. That to me this is sharing and I thank Jarvis for it. Jarvis has done many articles for the vintage ford and produced many speed calanders going back as far as the 1980s. I have never finished a book nor put one to print. So Jarvis has done far more sharing his information than most of us put together. I take my hat off to him

Jarvis

Thank you for the book, all the vintage ford articles, calanders, fridge magnets. organizing the Mercury Meetings at Hershey most years, Christmas letters and cards. It is appreciated

Mark Herdman

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration