Totally OT: html question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Totally OT: html question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 12:54 am:

Some of you know a LOT more about computer stuff than I do, so I'll ask here. I've been trying to edit html to set the colors of links on my website.

I've figured out that alink (in the eighth line) means active link for the color of the link when you click on it, and link means the color of the link before it's clicked. But I haven't found anything that sets the color of the links after they've been clicked. Can anybody here tell me what I should be looking for and where to look?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 01:53 am:

Uh, well, GOOD LUCK STEVE !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin in South Africa on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 02:32 am:

Hi Steve,

Hoping someone will chime in here, but it looks like you are on the right track.

Try swapping the colour between the "" on alink and link around and see if the link prior to being clicked has swapped colours.

If it has, then look up the code for the colour you want it to be and insert that.

Today though, most every website builder out there, and plenty are free, use a much more friendly interface, so one doesn't need to learn HTML anymore.

I use dreamweaver, and there is another good one called Web Serif. Still prefer dreamweaver though.

If you need help, pm me and I'll see what I can do to assist.

Hope this helps though,
Justin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 06:47 am:

Howdy Steve! Google "link states". I believe what you are looking for is "avisited" that should change the color of the link once you've clicked on it. The other one is you can change the color of the link when you put your mouse over it with "ahover".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

https://www.google.ca/#q=html+setting+link+color

This will give lots of reading!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

Try "vlink" for visited links.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration