Dont look like my 1919 Touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Dont look like my 1919 Touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 09:58 am:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ford/model_t/1648913.html?refer=news

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:04 am:

I never thought rodders were that careless. Surely he meant a 1909 Model T? But his wheels - and a lot more - are not right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:18 am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgfK_biaaAM

That car lead the pack at the 100th Anniversary of the Corona Road Races... See 2 minutes 46 seconds into the video for a quick view. It looked quite out of place next to the real cars. Just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:19 am:

Seems if he drove it at normal car cruising speeds...wouldn't he just blow the top right off? In any case....those wheels are terrible, good looking car otherwise, at least it's not chopped!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:30 am:

It has good potential, and hasn't been completely ruined.

The damage could be repaired.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:38 am:

The body is not 1919 and the suspension looks awful. It says a good parade car. I would be ashamed to be seen in public in that car! I'd be much more proud in one that looked like a Model T even if it was a rustbucket.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:44 am:

I wonder what engine is in it?
Probably didn't use an open Valve Block!

Tasteful
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:50 am:

I just want to see the surprised look on his face when he hits 70 and forgot he has the top up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 10:55 am:

Who would drive that? Seriously?

Looks fixable to me. Would be really nice if someone drops that body on a T frame and running gear. I'm glad I've never seen a car like that out in public anywhere - I might vomit. At least being online my mind still wants to convince itself that this thing isn't real, just a weird photoshop job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:01 am:

Too many zeros.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 01:59 pm:

I agree with Seth, and Richard. What a ridiculous thing to do to a nice model T. And with that, waaaay too expensive. I'd give him 8 grand for it, so then I can put another ton of money in it making it correct again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 03:12 pm:

Relax, it's not a real 1909. There were several 1909 bodies made about 35 or 40 years ago. There were at least two that a Long Beach street rod builder made into red street rods with Pinto engines and Jag rear ends. He sold the first one, which is possibly this one, and he still has the second one. In fact I just saw his last week in front of his shop. Other than lights and some other accessories like the carbide generator, there aren't any real 1909 parts there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 03:35 pm:

If they used real 09 lights and horn, Don't those parts alone cost the asking price?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 03:36 pm:

That looks like a Pinto engine to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 03:36 pm:

I know that retired US Navy Seals confront people who claim to be war veterans or ex-members of the special forces.

see:

http://navyseals.com/3247/phony-navy-seal-of-the-week/

Perhaps the MTFCA can put together a similar website or team to take on rodders or BS ebay sellers???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 04:53 pm:

Not to sway to far off topic, I watched that video and my feeling is if that 87 year old WW2 vet, Kora area and any of the Vietnam area Vets want to say they are the kings of anywhere then let them. There war was unthinkable. I think that guy went just a bit too far on some of them. Im just one tired old Army vet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 05:08 pm:

Gross..a travesty...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:01 pm:

that looks exactly like the model T Henry would envision after drinking a bottle of Jim Beam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

I don't mean to sound rude, but it looks like a golf cart to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

Why?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:44 am:

Chuck, you are right. The low slung body and the too high top sure make it look like a golf buggy. I think the fat tires add to the impression.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration