Tudor Extended Seat Brackets Hinges

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Tudor Extended Seat Brackets Hinges
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:05 pm:

Having FINALLY had another really nice day I installed driver's side extended front seat hinge supports like those in my Model A Tudor>>> http://www.mikes-afordable.com/product/A47902EXT.html
I have a hard time getting my left leg into the '27 Tudor and wonder how the seats are constructed as I'd like to offset the driver seat in that one too.
Maybe welding some tabs on the pads where they bolt to the floor is the easiest?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:54 pm:

I've seen that done. The seat bracket on that website looks like it would probably work also. If I recall correctly, the front legs on both driver and passenger seats on the '26-7 Tudor are threaded like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 12:18 am:

Thanks Warren but they aren't. They go up into the SEAT seat and there are, what looks like, escutcheons on the seat bottom so I don't know where the support terminates........?
I'll take some pics tomorrow.......maybe help to get some ideas....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 12:42 am:

They are threaded. I've made several. The threaded portion isn't as long as the Model A and the cross member bracket is different. You should be able to lift the driver cushion and see the nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 03:39 am:

COOL and THANKS!
Just what the doctor ordered....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:47 am:

Craig,

On my 26 Tudor there is a double threaded plate on the top side of the seat wood. You could simply try removing the leg, then just use the forward hole to move the seat back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:31 am:

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the front seats (particularly the driver's seat) UP and BACK on my Tudor I think moving the legs to the front hole may help some, but this seat needs to come up. Right now my knees are darn near on the dash and I'm not a tall guy. Need to figure out how to raise the rear seat supports as well. The front seating is one part of that model that was definitely not Improved in 1926.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 11:05 am:

This is what I did. Being tall over 6', my knees were always up against the steering wheel. So I made these straps that moved the seat clips back. You can make them any size. I first made them of aluminum, but they will bend and did. Steel is a better choice. Anyway it worked for me.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 11:06 am:

To raise the drivers seat I used a piece of 2X4 (painted black) between the back bottom of the seat and the metal feet.

Why isn't somebody making replacement feet? (P/N 50099X)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 11:10 am:

I moved the seat to the forward holes on my Tudor and it definitely made a difference in leg room but a 6 feet tall I like the 2 in extension mention here.
> http://www.mikes-afordable.com/product/A47902EXT.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:35 pm:

Rather than take more apart than necessary I took the seat off the "hinges" and looked things over.
I decided to simply drill two holes in the floor behind the brackets and re-use the original rear holes.
I needed two shorter carriage screws and one hex nut vs. a square one but that was pretty easy and what a difference...... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration