Automobile Club Of Southern California Membership Card Feb. 16, 1922

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Automobile Club Of Southern California Membership Card Feb. 16, 1922
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

I posted this by mistake in the classifieds so I am Re-posting it here where I meant to post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 06:28 am:

It is a very neat card but I think the dates were added later. The type style of the dates is from a more modern typewriter then the owners name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 07:29 am:

$6.25 in 1922 was a good chunk of change for only 6 months! License number and Member signature are also missing so how would the "Arresting Officer" accept this card in lieu of bail?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:08 am:

I loved the style of the old ACSC buildings. The theme was carried out in the branch offices as well as the headquarters.

Even more than the buildings, I loved the ACSC maps. They were wonderfully detailed, much better than filling station maps (What are those?) and AAA maps.

About thirty years ago I was very disappointed when they changed the style of their maps to match AAA, with much less detail. I wrote a letter of complaint, and received a reply from one of their cartographers saying that the new maps were just as good as the old ones. I knew, and he had to know, that he was lying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:53 pm:

When we went camping in Baja California 50 years ago I can remember seeing the old auto club signs.
This was back when the pavement ended not far below Ensenada. I still have some of the Baja auto club maps from that period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

John, maybe you remember Highway 1.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration