13-14 Deer hunters with a Doctors bag?-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 13-14 Deer hunters with a Doctors bag?-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 07:48 am:

It doesn't look like the deer in gonna make it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:59 am:

headlight buckets look empty.. doctor's bag may have more bullets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:11 am:

It's that rare body style, the doctor's touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:26 am:

Great! Undisputable proof that our ancestors DID road hunt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 10:44 am:

GR-
The headlamp buckets look the way that are supposed to.

The reflector for gas lamps is only in the very back of the bucket.

Gas headlamps that has been electrified and converted into headlights have a reflector that can be easily seen, and look like electric lights.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 10:49 am:

I have a really cool little kit in my gas headlamps that makes them hold sealed beam headlights. Check out my profile pic to see. The lights are easy and cheap - same thing goes in a Jeep CJ-5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 10:52 am:

Uh, boy's..the camera's over here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 11:03 am:

O.K. One day I may be able to afford a brass car then I will learn about Gas Lights until then please forgive me!

Another thought on the Doctor's bag do you think they may have been hunting with Dick Cheney?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 11:29 am:

Hunting from the road ???? What road?

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

Unless they bagged a 5 legged deer there is more then one in the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 12:34 pm:

A few years before this pic they would've had to use a horse & wagon.
Hard to imagine the changes that took place when cars came into use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

I don't think that is a doctor's bag. Doctor's bags are usually much smaller than that. It is a common valise, or overnight bag, like a small suitcase. I have a couple of them in my suitcase collection.
Some of us do really get into the era?!
Great photo! Thanks.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 04:05 pm:

Dennis,

I've scoured that picture and for the life of me I can only find 4 deer legs. The 2 front legs are easy to see, the 2 rear legs are to the left of the guy in the front seat. Where's the 5th one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

Since the windshield is folded forward it is likely a 14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

Paul;
'14 windshield folds backward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 04:23 pm:

LOL. That is what I thought I said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

Henry,
Looks like a foot sticking out from the right of the deer's neck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:22 pm:

Henry,

Mike is correct if you look at the deers neck you will see an additional leg. Three legs are on the right side and I see two on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

I think you guys are right. It just didn't look like it to me at first. Lots of venison!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

The bag is full of butchering tools

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 09:02 pm:

Look at that spare tire holder, I wonder why the vendors don't repo it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

My son Ted got it right away.
The two guys wanted to bag a deer.
The bag wasn't big enough!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration