Interesting brass T on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Interesting brass T on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 10:41 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161307541691?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m142 3.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 11:11 am:

Great car.

Too bad it has a later motor (and rear end).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 11:58 am:

Wow. A car that's been sitting around since 1964 qualifies as a "barn-find" and as those go, the condition of this example is nothing short of amazing.

Except for the lack of a carburetor, the car looks complete. I'm guessing, though, that the green-painted engine block would be of 1926-27 vintage. The extra coil box, or whatever that thing is, looks interesting.

So okay, right now, the bidding is up to $8,000 on a car that, in nicely restored condition, might worth between around $23,500 to someone not on our forum I notice our guys tend to pay significantly less for their Flivvers.

While I'm at it, and correct me if I'm wrong, here: If a Model T like my 1915 Touring, configured as a dependable daily driver, might be worth between a low of $17K and an absolute maximum of $20K, then the same car in 1914 vintage might fetch, say, 2 or 3K more than that, which would come to something between 19 and 23K (Be patient, there's a point coming, I promise). Extrapolating a little bit further, a good-running 1913 such as this one might ballpark between 20 and 24.5K assuming it were equipped with the correct engine, which doesn't seem to be the case, so let's say that all fixed up, this might be a 20K car (and feel free to correct me, 'cause the know-nothing newbie is just pipe-dreaming, here).

The question about which I'm wondering is: What would it cost to restore this car to good running condition without changing that absolutely gorgeous patina and old, but unripped, original (as far as I can see) upholstery? Considering the mechanical overhaul cost, which I'm guessing would include everything from the front axle to the rear end, what do you guys and gals think might be a reasonable purchase price for this particular "barn-find?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 12:50 pm:

Bob, I know that in the USA a 1913-4 T that's extremely correct and in mint condition can sell for $25-30K at auction. Not having a correct engine and/or rear end has a BIG effect on price for brass cars, which is not the case for later cars.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration