Brass Era, A Happy Family Posing In their Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Brass Era, A Happy Family Posing In their Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P Noonan on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 11:56 pm:

If that's happy, than i feel much better than i did before i viewed these happy folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 12:12 am:

Nice looking '13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 12:25 am:

Can anyone tell if the head lamps are brass or black & brass? From the picture....they look brass to me.
With all the weight in the back seat....hope that body has the added support braces under the rear doors. Wonder what's attached to the center of the front axle?

Great picture Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 02:25 am:

Gee. They even got the baby to frown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 02:52 am:

Les,

I'm pretty sure the headlites are black and brass John Brown 16. There is light reflecting off the upper side of the lite (also same angled areas of splash shields look bright too). From the mounting bracket down the image of the headlite looks black.

The "clamp" on the front axle looks like one of the accessory "steering stabilizers that fit around the spindle tie rod. Created friction and supposedly kept the front wheels from being jerked over center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 06:53 am:

Perhaps someone could adjust the photo so we could read the license plate on the front cowl.

Would the side lamps be all black or a black/ brass combination?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 06:59 am:

This photo is in the top 10. I like the looks on the people faces. Are none of them smiling because of the amount of time it took to expose the photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 09:31 am:

I think they're pickle farmers...they get that way from testing their crops.

But Mike, you're probably right. No doubt a good 5 second exposure, maybe more. Film (glass plates) was might slow back then

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

They're frowning because they just back into that fence behind the car!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration