Removing the flaot needle seat from a Holley NH carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Removing the flaot needle seat from a Holley NH carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Drisko on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

How do I remove a stuck in float seat from an NH carb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

I heat them red hot with a torch and then let them cool completely. After it is completely cool put penetrating oil on it and it should come right out.

Don't try to turn it while it is hot!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

Heat.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/46340.html?1201149806

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/388684.html?1379251381

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, May 19, 2014 - 10:29 am:

Someone needs to make a tool to fit that seat, that has a pilot in it, and slots that fit tightly into the seat. I think they would sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, May 19, 2014 - 10:44 am:

Jack Daron makes them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Drisko on Monday, May 19, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

Thanks for the advice guys. I heated the body with my little MAP soldering torch and quenched it ice water. Both seats screwed right out! The carb is back together, not leaking anymore and is working fine on my buddies T! I used a new float seat and viton tipped needle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 01:48 am:

You can whittle out a "seat tool" out of cheap old wood chisels. Bottom center in this picture.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration