Life in the fast lane

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Life in the fast lane
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 09:19 pm:

Well Monday night after I got off work a friend stopped over and we decided to take my '27 Touring out for a spin and get a burger and a beer. (We do that about once a week) My '27 is a stock Model T and nothing special but we got a great big giggle out of the fact that we heading home and I actually commented about how slow the traffic was ahead and I'm tired of waiting and I'm going to pass! I throttled up and we flew around those darn slow pokes in front of us and laughed as we hit the passing lane and zoomed up the road. I guess we were happy that we finally got to pass a slow poke instead of being passed as usual. OK...OK... so it was a tractor and a hay wagon....but we got to pass a motorized vehicle instead of the usual Amish buggy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

He he he he!
I shouldn't say anything. I know, I know.
But I love it.
This is why I usually stay out of the "how fast should I drive?" threads.
Now listen to me, DO NOT DO THIS!
(Been there, done that.)
He, he, he!
Do drive carefully, but enjoy,! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Mahaffey on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 10:20 pm:

That's nothing, Dennis. The other day in my stock '27 tudor I passed a bicycle. That sucker had to be going 30 miles per hour. (It was down hill, and the bicyclist was wearing black spandex and a skull cap. He looked like an olympian in training.) I gave him a friendly, I-can-go-faster-than-you beep on the annunciator as I passed, giving him plenty of room, but he didn't even look up.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 11:46 pm:

James I did the same thing today. Later I was stopped at the railroad crossing waiting for a train to go through and the bicycles pulled up beside me. When things like this happen it kind of takes the speed out of speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 12:29 am:

James' post reminded me of a time decades ago, when I was in high school. I would ride my English Racer 3 speed to Mt. Shasta from Dunsmuir (about 1,000 feet difference in 8 miles, most of it in one mile north of Dunsmuir) most of the time I didn't make all the way, but at least to the top of the big grade. One time, coming back down I passed up a tractor-trailer truck, pedaling like made--the trucker looked as surprised as I was; he was probably only doing 35 or 40 because of the downgrade, but what a feeling!
Bike clothes?? Helmet??? Uh, let's just say, I have no idea why I survived!!
Why, you ask, were you trying to ride to Mt. Shasta?? Well, there was this girl. . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 10:00 am:

David you just reminded of a conversation with my mother, I graduated college 20 years after I graduated High School I graduated with honours received the program directors award... Mom asked why couldn't you get grades like that in High School My reply was Mom in High School there were Cars,Motorcycles And GIRLS and the first 2 were to attract the latter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 11:20 am:

G R,
I know of where you speak---although my biggest distraction during High School was restoring my '30 Model A. Well, and Teri Barlow. . . And worrying about the War (oops, Police Action). So I graduated 1971 with so-so grades, BA in 1990 Cum Laude. Different priorities, Different times!
Goin' Tubin' in the summer.
Summer fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 11:26 am:

Other side of the coin. Pulling a long grade in high, engine bundling up nice I had a group of bicyclist pull up on the back of the open express. I said hi and we talked while continuing to pull the grade. After a bit I jokingly said "it's not nice to slip stream my old T" , one answered back "ok" and the group passed me. Should haven't said that, really gave truth to "life I'm the slow lane" LOL.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration