Ruckstell Shifter Advise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ruckstell Shifter Advise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

Ruckstell Shifter
I have ordered the "Ruckstell Rear End Repairing and Restoring book" but I haven't given adequate time to received it yet but I can't just leave things alone and I am not sure it will address this subject. But just a couple questions and then any more advice you have to offer. Most of you know I am new to all this T stuff and just on my first journey....

1. Am I suppose to pack all of this in axle grease? OK if not you can laugh!!!! I haven't yet...

2. How do you know how much adjustment or pressure to put on the bottom spring and piston before placing the cotter pin?

3. I will have to post a couple times for the pictures...Two is all I can get to download at a time. I have them reduced to 320....that's as small as I see on the computer.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:10 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:29 pm:

It won't hurt any to put a grease zerk on the shifter body,and you will like it later. Also drill and tap a drain on bottom of housing. I personally like to drill three 1/2" holes midpoint around the top hat so lube can get to the internals better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:30 pm:

Like a lot of you this is where I started

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 04:45 pm:

Some links for you to check

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/313332.html?1348337682

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/79696.html?1233127236

Pay attention to the Stan Howe posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 05:35 pm:

I don't know why I have trouble finding these older post but I at least do try....I really appreciate all of your help...Now it's back to the garage.....Thanks Chet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 30, 2014 - 11:39 am:

You need the metal cap and felt seal for the shifter lever.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration