Extra steps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Extra steps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 11:42 pm:

My sister-in-law likes to go on tour with us but it is getting increasingly difficult for her to get in and out of any of my T's. After thinking about this with my son, he suggested I look at the single step used on small camping trailers. I ordered one and spent a little time with a welder in the shop. I mounted it using the original bolts holding the running boards. I used wing nuts so it would be easy to move to another car. You have to look hard to see it when it is folded back but it is easy to unfold. Works slick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

I was just talking about doing this the other day with a late 70's something Model T friend.

Where did you order from???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 10:09 pm:

If there are no pictures, it didn't happen. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 11:38 pm:

A friend of mine tours in a 12 Caddy. His passenger has a single step stool that she pulls up into the car with a rope tied from the bow to the stool when shes done haha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 02:04 am:

Tom Strickling: I googled "trailer steps" and found several suppliers of camping equipment. The steps cost about $60.00 with free shipping. You have a choice of suppliers but only a few manufacturers. Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

The last T I bought was from an old timer who used a cinder block as a step to get into the car. I'm glad he didn't think of your fix R.S. !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Monday, June 09, 2014 - 09:27 pm:

Charlie B.--I guess I don't understand your comment. You would rather have a cinder block on the running board or in the back seat than a fairly unnoticeable step slid under the running board??? Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 01:05 am:

Charlie means he's glad that the old-timer didn't pull the cinder block into the car with a rope like the passenger in the '12 Caddy.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration