Any DURANT people in the crowd

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Any DURANT people in the crowd
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

I was at a guys place yesterday to look at some T parts he wanted to sell. He was gone when I got there but his wife was showing me the parts. She mentioned that they had just bought a restored 1924 DURANT. She mold me that The DURANT was in one family until her husband and her had bought it. After we got through pricing the parts I asked if I could see the Durant. She agreed and we went to one the barns and there sat a real nice Durant Coupe. The wife claimed that it started and ran real good. The Durant is for sale, if anyone would like to own a Durant contact me and I will give them the phone number and name of the owners. Sorry I don't have any pi8ctures but it is a real nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 10:33 pm:

i have a 29 durant wreckage that i bought at a garage sale for 50 bucks, just yard art i thought. but when i was winching it up on the truck i noticed the engine was turning over. "my god! its alive !!"i thought, and sure enough it runs fine. just a cowl and hood, then i found an old touring body that had been cut to make a sleigh and put that on. it has not been out of the barn now for many years, but i had my 50 bucks worth of fun many times over

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, June 06, 2014 - 10:45 pm:

Clayton Swanson:

That sounds like a 1920 Dodge touring that I trailered to a friends house for him last week. He Had bought it out of a salvage yard. It looked terrible the fenders were loose and crumpled. The entire back half was loose. It looked like it had not been run in 50 or better years. After my friend got it home he put new oil and gas and cleaned the motor up some and it started right up. In fact when we got ready to load it up on my trailer to take it to get it inspected it laid rubber. The motor sounds really good and sure had plenty of get up and go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 11:10 am:

A neighbor has a 24 Durant touring car with 2,000 orig. miles looks like new. The Durant dealer was about 15 miles from here. Another friend has a 28 coupe with 18,000 orig. miles. will make a good driver. 3 years ago we found a motor for one at Hershey. That's the only thing we every found at Hershey for a Durant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 11:57 am:

I work on a '25 Star, which was a four cylinder car made by Durant.
Whenever I work on the car there are times guys come around to the owner's house with their Durants. There is a local Durant Club here.
Durants were made in the Durant factory about 8 miles from me in Oakland, Ca.
The Star has 4 brake shoes on each front wheel, 3 three on the inside and one on the outside. It has two short shoes on the outside of each rear drum, one is for the handbrake. Not bad for a '25
That's the kind of brakes you need to copy for a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 05:47 pm:

I think some were re-badged 'Rugby" for the NZ and ausy market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 11:30 pm:

Judging from what they wanted for the T parts I would guess the price of the Durant would be very reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 12:43 am:

I have a radiator for a Star car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 07:44 am:

Around here people say "What's a Durant" The couple I've seen for sale you almost have to give then away.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration