Drove on clincher rim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Drove on clincher rim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Had a blow out about 1/2 mile from home yesterday. Drove home on clincher rim. Rim is rough but it appears it can be smoothed and thus be saved. Any and all thoughts on this welcome. Yes I will be buying a spare!
Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 10:22 am:

A pic of course would help but it's entirely up to you to check it out and make a decision. Measure the width all around to see if it's spread and, as I said, make a judgement. Any doubts? Dump it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 10:43 am:

AAA + Cell Phone:
Don't leave home without them :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 11:01 am:

It is worth it to have AAA plus. Towing within 100 miles. You can request a flat bed as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 11:37 am:

Just carry a spare tire, or two. You will need one some day- like this:

http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/150-Texas-T-Party-Day-1-Pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

Lol the guy in the back looks like he is giving Lizzie a stern talking-to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 06:58 pm:

Actually he was looking at my dog Rocky in the back seat.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration