Roadster Top Iron Body Mounting Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Roadster Top Iron Body Mounting Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Wandesforde on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 10:49 pm:

I have a '15 roadster without any body mounts for the top irons. I know that there are four pieces on each side. The bracket by the door with pivot bolt where the top irons attach to and the bracket at the back of the body with the bolt on L bracket to support the top when it's down. My problem is that the only ones I have seen are on assembled cars and I can't see what the look like under the upholstery. I've searched and can't find any pictures of what i need to look for.
Does anyone have some pictures of the brackets i need so I know what they are when I see them?
Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 09:06 am:

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.modeltford.com/item/3858RDBQ.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 09:56 am:

Alan-
Is this what you are looking for?

This car has a wood seat frame and gas tank cover. On cars with the metal frame and cover, the irons come straight down and bolt to the side of the seat frame. They do not have the right angle at the bottom of the iron.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Wandesforde on Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

Thanks Keith, these are great.
If I could trouble you for one more like the second picture showing the whole length of the brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, June 13, 2014 - 08:24 pm:

Alan-
I'll look to see if I have any other pics. I harvested these from somewhere for reference.
-Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration