Houdaille shock repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Houdaille shock repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

From cousin Dale, who volunteers at a museum:

Houdaille shock absorber repair

Any one in the "T" or Ford club, repair / rebuild these shock absorbers ?

We have some in a "Link" trainer that are giving us a fit !

I know you guys will have an answer.

Thanks

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

Here you go!

My Dad and I dealt with them in the late '70s and couldn't have been happier. First class all the way.

http://www.classicautoshocks.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:04 am:

Yep, the first name I thought of. They did some Packard shocks for me, and even provided some extra fluid for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:08 am:

Wow! They worked on a set of shocks for our '50 Packard. The entire upper control arm was a shock.

Very reasonably priced too. My dad was also a "Mr. Thrifty".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 08:17 am:

Thanks guys very much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 09:12 am:

Hi Herb, I have recently used classic shocks also to rebuild the shocks on my 34 ford and was happy with there work. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 11:23 am:

you should be able to find someone in the Model A club who can help you. The T did not have shock absorbers. There were several types of after market snubbers or springs for the T, but the Houdale was first used by Ford on the Model A.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 11:39 am:

If by some coincidence these Houdaille shocks on your Link trainer are Ford Model A, Bill Stipe is currently tooling up for another run of his reproduction shock absorbers. They are functionally superior to the original Model A shock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 05:42 pm:

I have passed all of this information along to the interested parties.
They very much appreciate the assistance.

Herb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration