Neat Old Photos - The Duro Paint Co. Demonstrates its Auto Paint with Cars and an Airplane

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Neat Old Photos - The Duro Paint Co. Demonstrates its Auto Paint with Cars and an Airplane
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 06:33 am:

The Duro Paint Company Demonstrating its Product: Duro was located in Los Angeles during the roaring twenties and we have a feature on the company
today filled with interesting photos. Included are an airplane used for advertising in the sky above the city, a Lincoln and a Model "T" Ford.

See much more @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=121957

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 08:55 am:

I'm sure glad we don't have to dress up in suits all the time these days!! I don't even intend to wear one to my own funeral!! Nice pics Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 09:07 am:

Interesting grille bars on that T, they must have planned to do some off-roading through the brush. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 09:18 am:

What is that other car??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 10:12 am:

I believe the accessory radiator shell with the bars was called a "Baby Lincoln" shell and was advertised in early auto parts catalogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

The photos were taken in 1924 and the other car is an early Lincoln.

Note the accessory headlights and the lowered front spring in addition to the radiator shell on the Ford, it appears to be a coupe??

Many more photos and all the details are @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=121957

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, June 16, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

I wish I had seen that picture when I was building my Coupe. That is great detail of the windshield.
Thanks
Rich

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration