There's a Ford in your future

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: There's a Ford in your future
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 08:39 am:

Can anyone shed light on what these were made for, by whom, when etc? Found in the UK.
They are 82 x 58mm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 08:45 am:

A 70's knockoff:

http://www.vintageusa.com/vintage-1970s-theres-a-ford-in-your-future-belt-buckle.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 09:12 am:

I have no clue, but the ones Chris posted don't have a price ($750) like the repops

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:18 pm:

I also found the '70s repros, but the ones I have seen are iron. The slogan dates from 1945/6.
The iron versions are missing the apostrophe, unlike the bronze/brass types.
The repros only seem to feature the Centerdoor, not the Model A (?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

I'm with Rob - RED rust with no black pitting is new as if it were "aged" to look the part. I think if you look up that particular sales slogan it was post WW2 vintage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

I always think of that slogan as being 1940s - anyone seen it used in the T era? Chris, are they belt buckles? If so, I'm voting modern I.e. post-war.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Those are what I would call modern "fantasy pieces" produced in the last 30 or 40 years.

They aren't historic or a reproduction of anything. Just a crude item to sell at flea markets.

They're similar to the brass Tiffany belt buckles that show up all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 05:18 pm:

Yes; I think you are all correct. Fortunately, they're not mine!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration