Rajo spark plugs, whats being used?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rajo spark plugs, whats being used?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 09:36 pm:

almost time to buy some plugs. i see they are long reach, 3/4" i'd say, and searching thru some old posts there is mention of champion 7 com L, which are not made any more. there is a british company (green spark plug) making an new version, any one used them, or any one have a better plug instead? rajo model 31, 18mm thread. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, June 20, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

Clayton, I've had good luck running Champion A25 plugs in my early RAJO Model 30, 8 valve head. These are the standard 1/2" pipe thread plugs that will fit in any stock T head. My dad ran them back in the 60s and 70s also. No problems. I have mine gapped at 0.040" per installation instructions for my Texas T distributor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, June 20, 2014 - 09:03 pm:

thanks dave, pipe thread wont due but i could adapt to 14 mm if i have to. it will run a bosch mag for spark. what are the b and bb guys running?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 12:00 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Booth on Friday, June 27, 2014 - 08:20 pm:

Clayton,
Try KLG ML50's

Green sparkplug says that they are a direct replacement for the 7 com L plug, and they are fairly cheap compared to others listed.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, June 27, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

My BB has Autolite 3095's in it.
They were in it when I bought it and seem to work good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 09:40 am:

bob, what thread are they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10:22 am:

I think they're 7/8" fine.
I'll pull one out after a couple cups of coffee and post if it's different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10:42 am:

Model A plugs fit the Fronty, and probably same for Rajo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 10:55 am:

searching thru old forum posts i see a thread from frank harris, long beach, where he shows a photo of a bright red rajo, belonging to some one else, which he says" unknown rajo which the spark plugs are angled up and almost hit the header pipes". that must be a model 31 like mine, it is very close. must be a short plug, not one of the champions with a long base under the hex .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 11:35 am:

OOPS!
My BB has T plugs.
1/2" pipe threads.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration