Body wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Body wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 12:54 pm:

What is a good choice for body wood when hickory is no longer available. It seems there is a blight up north.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

Hickory is good for wheel spokes, few uses it for body wood. Ash is more common as body wood. Ford used Poplar too, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 04:51 pm:

I'm sorry I ment ash. It seems the price is going through the roof because of a bug. Buy your wood kits now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

Body wood that Ford used was hard maple. Ash was used for floorboards on early cars as the only wood for that but later on the floor boards were made from just about anything that could rightly be called "wood".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration