Maine title?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Maine title?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 10:28 am:

Has anyone ever used a title service that gets you a title from the state of Maine for your Model T?

What's the cheapest service phone number?

Do these Maine titles transfer in Texas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

I used that service but not for my T. I used it for a BMW motorcycle that it impossible to get a title for.

Service was excellent and I even got Maine plates (which I used for several months before I traded them in for Florida plates.

I'm sure Texas has reciprosity on transfering title - so no worries.

No other way i would have ever got a title!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 08:12 pm:

Maine does not require a title for antique vehicles. To register you only need a bill of sale, pay the sales tax (5.5%), local excise tax, and a plate fee. I have 5, one bought in New York, one in CT, two in Mass. and one in Maine and did not have to show a title when I registered any of them. After they are registered you can request and can get a Warranty Title in Maine--which I have not done but am looking into just to have. I have contacted the DMV but haven't heard the details yet (I know there is a $40.00 fee for the Warranty Title)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 08:53 pm:

What is the name of that title company?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 07:47 am:

Thanks Charles :-)

Who do I contact in Maine to get a title? Maine DMV?

Also, like Ron, what is the name of that title company?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 08:32 am:

Anthony

Little more complicated than that. They have an agent in Maine who is a resident. I think you need to go through that service which is/was located in Las Vegas (I know - sounds weird but they performed faultlessly).

I can't remember the name of the service but it was posted on this forum within the last two years. Someone will find it or I will search later today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 08:40 am:

International Title Service
3870 E. Flamingo Rd. Suite A2-357
Las Vegas, Nevada 89121
1-702-456-4027 - 1-702-456-4040 FAX
1-800-543-8626 USA & CANADA

(I have no connection with these people - just liked their service - hard to reach by phone - keep trying))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 09:35 am:

Bud is correct. You have to get the car registered in Maine, and then you can apply for the title. The company must have this down to a system. Maine has a 5.5% sales tax that must be paid (unless you can show that you paid equivalent amount in another state) on the purchase price of the vehicle (or the "difference if a trade was made). At time of registration you have to show a sales receipt with the Vin number and the "amount paid". and they compute the sales tax owed.

My son in law, who is moving to Maine from CA recently traded a car over the internet with a dealer in VA. The car was shipped to Maine. To get it registered, he had to pay over $400 on the approx $8000 trade difference, plus local excise tax, plate fee and title transfer fee. Total of almost $800.00

The excise tax on old cars is based on original purchase price and depreciates over the years. When I registered my 1923 delivery truck i showed the town hall clerk where Ford sold the chassis for $235.

The excise tax goes down to $5 and stays there, I pay that amount for each T and my A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Monday, July 07, 2014 - 01:02 pm:

Just to toss in a thought, when I applied and got a new title for my 15 and my 26, the car itself was inspected by an agent from the DMV - a state trooper Sargent - and one who knew old cars too boot.

Not sure how any title company can get past this, but...

Mark Wetherbee
Maine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John J Hentges on Monday, July 07, 2014 - 02:44 pm:

WHOA ! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW !!!! Do not send money to INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE. This guy is a crook and a thief !!! He took me for 275 bucks. Want proof ? Go to YOUTUBE and search INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE. Watch the video THEN read all the comments from people he has cheated. I don't know why Nevada doesn't have a state attourney general. This guy should be doing hard time. This is my first post. I have been a lurker for years but now have something to say ! Well............then send him your money. He won't even send a Christmas card.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, July 07, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

Thanks John. Shady business, it seems.. :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeQfz7GeoEQ
Here's another story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhWXjBzCIo0

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration