Timer Removal Problem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Timer Removal Problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 04:47 pm:

Anyone know how to get this timer off? I have removed the nut and screw. It only spins and will not unscrew.timer 1timer 2timer3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 04:49 pm:

Doesn't screw on - just pull it off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

Thanks a million Steve. I just took your knowledge, got aggressive, and Presto, off it came!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

Jim" You are an "Okie"! Well don't despair in Missouri they call them there people from the "Show Me State, but here in California the call us a bunch of "Prune Pickers". Just keep up the good work and go out and enjoy the ride in a "T", they are fun. My wife said the other day don't you ever stop working on them, and I said heck not that is the fun in the Game of old cars.
Go out and enjoy the ride
Bill D MTFCA 14079
Be careful on the timing as it will come back and bite you big time if you are not careful!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 05:40 pm:

You bet !

Not sure when Ford went to an all steel roller assembly but the bronze one like yours is somewhat early - does the pin retainer hole on the camshaft go clean through ? What year T is this on ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Harwood on Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

The camshaft hole doesn't go all the way through. The bronze timer came off of a 26 engine and I put it on a 23 I just bought (since my 26 needs a complete overhaul).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration