Rear axle Thrust plate pin dimentions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rear axle Thrust plate pin dimentions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Thrust plate pins for those of us who can make our own? I forgot to order them, ans it is the last thing I need to finish. All else fails I'll measure the holes after removing the old pins tomorrow.
cheers,
chriso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

.280 dia. ...... .335 long ......the stepped shoulder is .233, and .078 long ....this is a reproduction pin right outa the pack Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 11:12 pm:

.280" This is why it's good to have the MTFCA axle book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

I should add I would probably wait until you measure the actual hole. You may want to increase the .280 dimension for a tight fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

I have the axle book, thanks. I don't recall it having all 3 dim in it.
Thank you Tim, that is everything I needed. The MTFCA Axle book (which I have) indicates that it may be a loose fit and to use the turnings from drilling out the old pin to cushion it, and locktite wouldn't hurt.
cheers,
chriso

Steve, please take this as the friendly jibe it was meant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

Some have overall a bit longer.

Step is because the steel thrust plate fits on the narrow diameter, the bore uses the big diameter. If too long, i.e. not fully seated or sitting proud on a pile of Locktite or JB Weld, the pins will hang up.

Removing with guide sleeve for the twist drill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration