Body number of 13 tourng?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Body number of 13 tourng?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Saturday, July 05, 2014 - 10:50 pm:

I had some lose screws on the top plate of the front door. Removed the plate to plug the holes and found this number. Is this the body number, 134536 ? Any way of dating this number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Should be the same number on all three doors and under the front seat if the wood is original Bob. There is usually a date next to the number under the front seat, but not always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 11:06 am:

Thanks Royce, it is right where you said it would be, but there is no date that I see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Bob,

As I look at your photo, I suspect that what you are thinking is a "1" (number one) may actually be a poorly stamped "W" for the Wilson body company. Please let us know what the number on the wooden front seat frame reads.

From memory -- not as good as it once was -- I don't recall if the 1913 Wilson cars did or did not include the date with or near the body number. They did for the 1914 cars and apparently may not have for the 1912 bodies.

For details on where to look on the wooden front seat frame on the open cars, please see the thread: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html Note a 1913 would not repeat not have the body number on the front floor board riser, that started during 1915. Also remember to look on the front and rear heel panels to see if there is a letter stamped there.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 01:17 pm:

Hap, I removed the top plate from the right rear and I'm almost positive it is a 1. Here is a picture of that door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 04:03 pm:

Hap, W no date 13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 11:24 pm:

David -- thank you for confirming your USA 1913 Wilson bodied touring did not have a date. Does it have a W on the front or rear heal panel?

Bob--I missed your second posting. I agree it looks like a "1" and not a W in your follow on photos. Did you find any type of letter on the front or rear heel panel?

If you have a chance, please e-mail me a higher resolution copy of the photos of the numbers. Especially the entire front seat wooden frame rail where the number was stamped. Sometimes we can zoom in and possibly see something that was missed. In this case I would guess probably not -- but if you can e-mail the photo(s) I will try and see if I can make out any additional details. I'll probably be tied up for the next couple of days, but I will try to review them by the weekend. If you would like to send them, please click on my name and my e-mail address is the third line down.

Also please confirm the car is a USA produced and not a Canadian or other country produced Ford.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration