A 1913 Model T Ford on the 8000 Mile Long Paris to Peking Rally

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: A 1913 Model T Ford on the 8000 Mile Long Paris to Peking Rally
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 08:28 am:

Would you like to watch the what must be the most trying adventure in the world with an old car there is? Follow along as a tough and adventurous
group of people in 96 cars face trials and tribulations as they drive from Beijing to Paris.

As part of our new Sunday Edition we have an excellent 22 minute long video of the Paris to Peking Rally with 96 cars that includes the 1913 Model T
seen in the photo above. A good half of the cars in the rally are American and the filming and scenery are top rate.
Follow along @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=122480

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

David, great post, thanks for sharing, I thoroughly enjoyed the web site and video. Now it's the only thing on my bucket list.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 04:29 pm:

Did he install batteries in that car? Looks like a high voltage charging cord to me laying on the deck. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Did the 3 finish the race?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

according to another video I saw, the guy in the Model T runs 20/50 oil in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

here's a better in depth version of the above video. Nicky Bailey, the owner of the Model T, also broke a "ball joint".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0KmHllveFU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 10:12 pm:

Yet another video, he relates they broke the front spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, July 06, 2014 - 10:38 pm:

I think Constantine's trip across Australia, Africa, the Mid East, and Europe to Moscow, all on his own to me is the top Model T journey achievement of this century!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist on Monday, July 07, 2014 - 01:10 am:

I would love to do the rally. However it is a very expensive exercise. Someone I know did it recently in a Model A and I think the cost was in excess of $70,000 -Karl

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration