AUSTRALIA's WW1 military Ford T++-

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: AUSTRALIA's WW1 military Ford T++-
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 05:00 am:

- Worth a look.
A BIT FOR EVERY ONE--THINK YOU WILL ENJOY http://www.shannons.com.au/club/video/35th-annual-corowa-swim-in-classic-restos- series-23/?cmpid=SHN:GI:PI:NPS:EDM:20130501:161

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 07:01 am:

Great film to watch. Thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:55 am:

Thanks Dennis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 11:28 am:

The GPA is an amazing car, a couple swam one from Canada to the Azors in the 50s, they were unable to get a permit to do it, so he asked if he could take it out into the harbour for a test, and forgot to come back. For gas reserve, he towed a wing tank from a bomber. He had to change the head gasket once or twice on the crossing, not an easy job on dry land. He would have made it to Europe, but he accidentally jettisoned his gas tank just short of the Azors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 01:14 pm:

Thank you, Bob. Enjoyed your film very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 04:47 pm:

Hi Gustaf, I think about the 1970's-80's some guys swam a GPA across from Canada to Australia ?. I think it ended up in a Museum in Western Australia .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 11:43 pm:

Hey Bob, I did some looking, and the one that went from Canada to Europe ended up in Australia as the husband was Australian. His name was Ben Carlin and after he died in 1981, the GPA was shipped to his school, Guildford Grammar. The car's name is "Halfsafe"
Best
Gus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 03:43 am:

Thanks Gus,
I will now be able to ''GOOGLE'' it and hopefully find the whole story of the trip.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration