The Holmes Wrecker Units Available for the Model T Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: The Holmes Wrecker Units Available for the Model T Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 07:10 am:

Today we have a post covering Holmes Wrecker units manufactured in Chattanooga, Tennessee. See ads for the complete line including this unit as fitted to many Model T Fords
and full info on the Company including the patents they received for their unit on http://theoldmotor.com/?p=123627

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J Williams on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 07:43 am:

That's really neat Dave do you have any from the Manley
Garage equiptment company

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 07:47 am:

also see:

http://blog.hemmings.com/?s=wrecker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 07:56 am:

Lets just hope we never need one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 08:20 am:

Tim, I need one! But, because I want to put it on a TT I don't have . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 10:27 am:

So does a TT have enough guts to pull at T that's in gear or did they figure the T's transmission was sacrificial?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 01:18 pm:

For someone in the Denver Area there is a complete Manley wrecker boom in the back yard of a house next to the Cow Palace. I would suspect you could get it pretty cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Grohsmeyer on Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 03:37 pm:

Here's our TT with one of only a few Holmes 285 Wreckers known to still exist. It's a twin boom with 4 hand crank winches - 2 boom and 2 cable winches.

Model TT with a Holmes 285 Wrecker

A TT can drag a T if necessary although not recommended for any distance. You can hook the drawbar to the rear of the T and lift it with the winch enough to take the weight off the rear tires to tow it backwards when necessary.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration