Purchased and installed the tire balancing "stuff" from one of the vendors and I am amazed at how well it worked! I put 6 ounces in each front wooden 21 inch wheel.
Only had the car out one time to test it but it was fun not having to "corral" the steering wheel as I went down the road.
Does anyone have multi-year experience with the product that they can share? I'm a little nervous about having beads running around inside my inner tubes.
No issues that I know of, and mine have been in for quite a while. I think the beads will bust into each other and get turned to dust before they cause any kind of actual wear on the tubes.
I've been selling Dynabeads and running them in my cars for over five years with no problems or complaints.
I too have been running Dynabeads in my antique cars for well over five years, maybe even 10 or more, and have had nothing but great success.
I wouldn't hesitate to use them in any tire, tube or tubeless.
Ralph and I have been proponents of Dynabeads for about the same as Tom and Tim.
They're a great product in our old cars.
So Tom is that your secret of running so well in the Montana 500's. LOL
I've had Dynabeads for the last few years. Didn't make any noticeable improvement except at high speed and even then for the huge price I paid it wasn't worth it
I've been running Dynabeads for at least three years. They work as advertised and so far, no problems.
I have not used dyna beads but run with combination of lead stick on weights for static balanced wheels and a product called ultra seal. Its liquid until exposed to the air. it coats the tube to stop the air escaping through the rubber of the tyre tube and provides a balancing effect at higher speeds as the liquid blobs together to act as a weight similar to the dyna beads. Have been using this on my daily driver for the last 6 years and find no issue with 21" balloon tyres. Would recommend this set up.
This You-Tube video illustrates how the beads work.
Installed 4 oz. in each tube on the Speedster and it has made all the difference in the world!
More precise, safer driving for 100 year old vehicles..
That is an impressive demonstration clip !
Look, I've watched that video. Heck I've got the things in my tires and I can say unequivocally that they work really well. But! They are so counter-intuitive! It doesn't make any sense to me at all why the beads don't just bunch up together wherever the heavy spot is and just make it way worse. LOL, I get that the physics mean it doesn't work like that, but it still blows my mind that it ends up working like it does.
I added them in my speedster tires shortly after the initial discussion on the forum. They work great for me where my wire wheel rims have loose rust etc inside the rolled edge of the rim that makes it impractical to use static balancing weights.
Nice thing about the beads is that as the tires wear they always stay in balance. I wonder at what speed the T wheels reach their balance. I'm guessing about 25 to 30? It might be less.
Cool video!! Thanks for sharing
I bought the beads when i ordered my tires and tubes, but it seems they don't want to go in. They say if you have this problem to drill out the valve stem because it might not be big enough to accept the beads. But the last thing i want to do is go drilling on my new tubes. How did you get the beads in, because drilling on my new tubes seems to me to be a pretty radical approach...did i miss something?
Seth, you're so right. It is absolutely counterintuitive that the Dynabeads behave as they do. In my washing machine, things work the exact opposite way.
I used the bit as advertised and just cleaned out the valve stem. Just used my fingers on the bit. Worked great.
I vibrate them in with an engraver.
I recently had a flat tyre, replaces the tube with one I had in stock.
Went driving and immediately returned home, the car was shaking badly.
I repaired the original tube (containing beads) installed it with great difficulty, it is very cold here in the southern hemisphere at the moment.
Peace was restored, the car went well, no vibration.
I don't understand how they work, but I can attest to the fact that they do work!
I didn't have to drill out any of my stems. You could check out the hole with a small piece of wire of small drill bit to make sure there isn't some rubber in the way.
I did as Tom with a little vibrator.