As seen on road this morning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: As seen on road this morning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 06:35 pm:

When traveling home from Potlach Wa. on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge I came across this T doing about 40+. It looks to be a 23-25 and I didn't know the driver, do you know him.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

The Carbon Club had a joint tour with the Kitsap Club today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 08:13 pm:

He definitely has a T attitude!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Burger on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 08:30 pm:

Drive the #@! wheels off 'em !

I met up with some other sick minds this w/e at the Spokane swap meet. I sense much more evil to come. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

Red, White and Blue...he is OK with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 09:20 pm:

A very brave man driving a T without any top in Washington! I don't see a cloud in the sky, but that doesn't mean it won't rain today.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 09:51 pm:

90 this afternoon, down to 88 now just east of Seattle. Bright sun all day. Pretty toasty for here. Almost makes me wish we had air conditioning in our home. Nah, may go out for dinner though rather than heat up the kitchen. Had the speedster out this morning with a few other T's in a local community parade. Great stuff for the kids on a beautiful day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Norm
We've been in the hi 70's up to the mid 90's for most of last week and it's going to last at least for the next week.
Got air conditioning?

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Burger on Saturday, July 12, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

Last year we were tracking 130 by 0800 every day from June to September in AFG. Air conditioning for 90 ? Hahahahaha !

AND I don't have to wear 60lbs. of gear !

on patrol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 12:47 am:

That was Fred Honeywell from Bremerton, WA. He was catching up to the rest of the Kitsap group after his speedster failed.

We had a great joint tour with the Carbon Canyon group. We (Kitsap) will reciprocate next year when we host a tour at the north end.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 12:54 am:

Brent, thanks for your service! I sometimes think of what guys like you go thru when I am out in the 85 degree day pushing the lawn mower. I have NOTHING to complain about!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Burger on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 01:23 am:

Justin,

I am glad that you have the presence of mind to grasp that. Most Americans are lazy, whining, undisciplined slobs, freely complaining about the smallest of inconveniences. AFG shoved a big reality stick down my throat and I will never see life the same again. People all over the world face death and/or serious violation every day. We have every opportunity the world has to offer. Funny how since WW2 we've lost touch with that reality. Anytime I face an annoyance or problem, I run it through the filter of waking up in Syria or central Africa. Makes my "problem" suddenly seem like a privilege I need to be grateful for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 05:40 am:

My son and I remind ourselves of life's trivial problems that these are "First World Problems". Meant to remind us that our problems almost never compare to what a majority of the world's problems are. Helps us to keep things in perspective.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 11:28 am:

Thanks Bob
I hope that someone in the group took pictures and posts them. Great day for a tour in the PNW. Sorry I didn't get to see the rest of the group, I stayed on the freeway at 70 MPH plus to get home.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent Burger on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 12:16 pm:

A major factor in my drive to build a TT is to take the road less traveled. I already do that anyway. I would as soon enjoy a swift kick to the crotch as drive the freeway. The TT will be the perfect time machine for this. It is amazing the people you will meet when you drive an old car. Up to this point, my cars have all been 50's vintage, but a well engineered TT rebuild will open doors that even those won't budge. It is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and I intend to make good time .... with all the emphasis on "good", and not time. :-)

wide open

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

Brent,

I agree. However, here in Puget Sound Washington if you are going from point A to point B you usually have to cross water and there are not a lot of choices.

Be_Zero_Be

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration