Marvel and Harrington aftermarket carb questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Marvel and Harrington aftermarket carb questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, July 14, 2014 - 09:46 pm:

I picked up a few aftermarket carbs a while back. One is a marvel and it looks like I could bolt it on a go. Two are Simmons carbs and I'm pretty familiar with them. The last one is a Harrington and I think it looks pretty cool. But, after inspecting it a bit, I can see that there is something missing. There is a hole in the body with a hollow plug in it and there is a broken and missing arm on the throttle lever. What is missing? Is it repairable? Any help would be appreciated. On to the Marvel; does anybody run one of these? How do they compare to a Simmons or NH?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 07:31 am:

Herrington and D&B Harrington carbs run great when rebuilt properly. They have a sort of variable venture that works in conjunction with the throttle arm. Here's one of mine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 07:40 pm:

Okay, it looks like the Harrington is going to need some not so easy to fabricate parts before it's a runner. I'll keep an eye out.

How about the Marvel? Is anybody running one of those?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 09:05 pm:

Yes! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 07:28 am:

I ran one of the Marvel carbs on my '15 one year with no issues. Great idle quality and easy crank starting. I quit using it because the cork float scares me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 07:50 am:

Forgot the picture of it on the '15:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration