1926 Coupe Patch Panels Australia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1926 Coupe Patch Panels Australia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 12:06 am:

Hi guys, where can I get patch/replacement panels for a 1926 model T coupe in Australia? I need the floor in the boot with the hump, the two rear inner wheel arches and the two corner pieces. I have emailed Howells sheet metal a few times but they wont get back to me. Thanks in advance,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 08:32 am:

Shawn, I think your best bet is to contact some of the Victorian members. Someone with a Coupe like yours would be your best solution. You can then get patterns from them and the easiest way would be to make them out of sheet metal.

A good sheet metal shop ( or a Tech college if you are lucky) may be able to help you if you don't have much in the way of equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 08:49 am:

Mike Peterson may be able to help you. He specializes in parting out 1926-27 Model T's and selling the original parts to those who need them. The shipping from here to Australia would probably be the most expensive cost of obtaining this part for your T, but, when you need it, you need it. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 04:58 pm:

Are there any derelict Model T's in Australia you could cannabilize?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Phillips on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 05:06 pm:

US panels probably wont fit your Ausy made body so local sourcing might be your best chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

Shawn/Ken, As far as I know, the closed cars were imported into Australia from Canada. We only made open cars in Geelong. If this is so, the US parts may fit your coupe.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 07:41 pm:

To back up Allan's comments. Yes, the closed cars were imported from Canada, and the US components should fit.

Regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 11:14 pm:

Thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply. Suffered a really bad case of vertigo. I imported the car from America to Australia. I have looked at the model t website but could not find a forum. I'll check out Mike and see what he can do. Thanks again for all your advice.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration