1914 Windshield question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1914 Windshield question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

I'm about done with my new dash and am ready to re-install it along with the windshield. Is there a rubber or felt gasket that goes between the brass trim around the dash and the windshield bottom? When I took the windshield off, there was a very old and worn felt-like material stuck to the brass trim, which practically fell off on it's own. I gently scraped the rest off and cleaned away all the black paint someone put over the brass trim. Now that I'm about to put it all back together, I'm wondering if this gasket material is supposed to be there or if some previous owner installed it. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 05:18 pm:

No. There should be nothing. No felt, no rubber, no gasket. The steel clamps hold the windshield frame in place securely.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration