Rear Springs for 1914

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rear Springs for 1914
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 10:33 am:

I have a 1914 that is missing one of the top 2 rear spring leaves. I have searched for the lengths of the individual spring leaves and found the lengths for the front and for other years.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the rear, tapered springs for a 1914?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 11:24 am:

I measured them at a tad over 30, and a tad over 33. There are variations though, but that should be the ball park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 11:36 am:

I think he is looking for the length of the top two leafs to find out which one he is missing or has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 09:27 pm:

Mark, That is correct. I am looking for the length, tip-to-tip across the top. In Ed's first picture above, there are 2 leaves above the spring clip while I only have 1 leaf. The measurement from the end of the top spring to the spring clip is 4 1/2".

I need to know which one to try to locate.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 06:50 pm:

I took the rear springs off today and measured the top 2 springs at 28" and 39 1/2" (measured over the top). I think I must be missing the # 7 leaf from the bottom.

I also found the letter "A" and "HP8" stamped in the top of the leaf. I read in another thread that others have found "HP" and a year. What do these letters mean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 08:40 pm:

I believe it stands for "Highland Park".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 10:26 pm:

HP=Hess Pontiac. With rear springs, it is unlikely you will find those leafs without gaps between the leafs. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, July 25, 2014 - 10:46 pm:

Thanks Larry ! I have a dated "1912 HP". My fault for "assuming".

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration