Valve clearance and another question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Valve clearance and another question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 08:10 am:

I've asked about the valve clearance before but I can't find my old thread on it. Monday Im going to install the new valves in the 24. What should I set them at?

Also, I think someone said the gap between the coil ring and magnets should around 0.30 I find a brass feeler gage that large. What do you guys you use to make the measurement? I tried to find a Youtube video on the process but came up empty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 08:53 am:

I really need to proof read. The line should read, I -CAN NOT- find a brass feeler gage that large

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 09:12 am:

Hey Will - .010" for the intakes and .012" for the exhaust.

If I need a gauge size larger than an individual one I have, I just use two of them added together. Use the .014 and .016 with the .015 pulled out of the way and presto! .030" feeler gauge! =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Dvis on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 09:19 am:

Will, a coke can thickness will measure .007. Three of will take you to 28.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 09:23 am:

Will you need to take the coil ring to magnet clearance measurements everywhere. You want no more than .042" and no less than .025". It is OK to have unequal measurements, so long as they fall in that range. You can tinker with coil and magnet height endlessly and achieve perfection, but it won't run any better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 11:08 am:

"a coke can thickness will measure .007. Three of will take you to 28."

Is that what they call "new math"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 12:41 pm:

3 x .007 = .021 in my book Must the new math

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

It is the Canadian math in MM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 08:12 pm:

Thanks everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Dvis on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

OOPS. Make that 4 can thickness. Hay, first mistake I ever made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

And that's the second......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 06:26 am:

I thought I made a mistake once but I was wrong! KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration