Worn out rear hub

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Worn out rear hub
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

I was assembling the spokes on the last wheel for my speedster and realized the axel hole is reamed out something fierce,I can't imagine how it could have gotten an eight inch of slop in it.It's like someone sheared an axel key and towed the car a hundred miles.I have three extra front hubs and no rears,I don't want to wait for Hershey because I'm ready to test drive the car.Can anyone fix me up with a decent rear hub,I'm willing to pay for it.
Fritz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 01:04 am:

Fritz,
I assume you are talking about a wood wheel hub? I have crates full of them out here in No. Cal., but there has to be someone closer to you than me. If you have no luck PM me an address and I'll ship you one for nothing more than shipping cost.
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

Fritz I have dealt with this vendor before very reliable
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Rear-Hub-/230788944692

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

I too have bought stuff at Model T Haven, not the cheapest place but they have almost everything and never been dissapointed with what I received.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, August 04, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

I got a set of front and rear wheel hubs from Mark at Model T Haven and was very pleased with what he sent me. The Kelsey felloes he sent me were also very good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, September 08, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

I just purchased one of the new rear hubs from Langs. It is a gorgeous product and I could not be happier. Who ever is making them is doing a great job.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration