Ford Logo on Radiator Shell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ford Logo on Radiator Shell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, August 11, 2014 - 03:11 pm:

Looking for advice from anyone who has done this: Has anyone chosen to paint the "Ford" logo on their radiator shell? Or does anyone know of a quality decal available that would closely match the size of the logo?

I made an attempt at hand-painting the logo in yellow (same color as my wheels), but my hand isn't steady enough anymore for that to work well.

I suppose I could try to find a sign painter locally that does hand-work, but it seems that practice may have all but disappeared with computer graphics so prevalent in the graphic arts industry now.

My other option would be to have a graphic arts shop create a decal that matches the logo, Not sure if any copyright or trademark issues would prevent that.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, August 11, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

Dave, I can't say I've ever seen a T radiator shell with the raised logo, painted, but to each his own. 26-27's have the logo stamped into (depressed) into the shell. If your hand isn't steady enough for a brush, have you considered a paint pencil like wrecking yards use to mark parts with; or putting a small, thin coat of paint on a very flat surface and gently lowering the shell with the logo area onto the thin coating of paint? if you mess up, have some paint thinner or solvent handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert on Monday, August 11, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

Dave I have seen it done but it is very tricky to get it right I would get a very fine brush to do it with, good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, August 11, 2014 - 05:24 pm:

Maybe you can find someone who does pinstriping.
There are several of those guys around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Monday, August 11, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

Mine was painted when I got it along with the logo on the running boards.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration