One-car Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: One-car Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Dewey Asher Washington IL on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 04:30 pm:

Every year the wife and I load up one of our "T's" and head off for an adventurous one-car, one week tour. This year we headquartered out of Rhinelander Wisconsin. This area obviously was designed by God to accommodate us crazy model T people. Great roads, friendly people, perfect weather, and the outstanding company of the one I have been married to for 54 years. The many national tours we have enjoyed over the years with our many model T friends are times to remember and cherish, but if you want to experience the tour of a lifetime just load up the old T and your favorite companion and head into the wilderness. You're in for a real treat!! Keep on keepin on. Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 04:38 pm:

Hi Dewey - You should know that there's several Model T'ers in the Rhinelander. And, of course, there's the HODAG. You can see it in from of the Chamber of Commerce offices, I think.

The Rhinelander area is great for Model T'ing and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 05:35 pm:

Dewey,

Sounds like a great way to spend time with your wife. I’m hoping to get there one of these days – currently a week touring doesn’t fit the hectic schedule we seem to have.

One question -- the yellow light at the back that appears to be sitting on a large bucket like item – is the large item also helpful or would the yellow light be all that is needed?

Thanks for sharing your T-moment!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 05:50 pm:

Washed and loaded up the T today for a one car tour around the Praha, Moravia and Moulton area.
Dewey, are all the stickers on your touring from previous tours? I like the rotating yellow light at the back. I have a slow-moving triangle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 05:56 pm:

A most Excellent looking car! You definitely have me thinking. I live in the Finger Lakes area of NY and am plotting such an adventure. Thanks for sharing!

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Dewey Asher Washington IL on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 09:10 pm:

To Hap and others who have posed questions I'll add a note here. The "large bucket like item" is a 5 gallon "sanitary supplier" bucket appropriately fitted with a fabricated toilet seat. When the lid is lifted a lifelike rubber snake rears his ugly head. It also houses the 12v battery for the flashing light. When not on tour, the bucket bracket slides out and a trailer hitch goes in. I then hook up to my 4' by 4' red white and Blue Freedom trailer, mount all 20 some American flags and off to the parade I go. It also has a red white and blue "freedom" bell mounted on the tounge with a rope to the drivers seat and off we go to the parade. No one, absolutely NO ONE has more fun than an old man with a model t!! Thanks for asking. Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 06:50 am:

Dewey,

Thanks for the additional information! And for promoting our hobby so well!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration