Power of the young mind....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Power of the young mind....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 12:35 pm:

I've seen threads about getting youth involved with this hobby. My sons (13 and 14) and I completed the restoration of our 16 touring this past spring.
Prior that, neither of them had any automotive experience.

Yesterday, I left to pick them up from school in the touring and was experiencing a loss of power - so much so, that I turned around and went back home for my Volvo.

The engine just would not come up to speed no matter what I did to the throttle, timer lever, or mixture.

Telling this to my 14 year old, he solved the issue in about 1 min.

Any guesses? You have all the info, I gave him.

Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 12:43 pm:

Timer linkage disconnected?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Fuel valve not fully open?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

Sediment bulb clogged?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 01:22 pm:

There is hope for today's youth...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 01:26 pm:

nope, not yet...keep guessing

I guess the other info he has, is knowing his dad is an absent minded professor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

do you have a weak battery and forgot to switch to magneto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

Bingo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 01:39 pm:

Plugged gas cap vent? Forgot to hoist the anchor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

GR nailed it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Friday, August 15, 2014 - 04:54 pm:

Michael, you have obviously done well training your kids. I had the same issue the other day. Whats worse is I had my buddy take me to a friends house to borrow his oversized BMW battery, haul it back to the T install it and drive it Back to my friends house. While she does not run "well" on mag, she will run on it. sigh....... I do have a solution for the future however. I bought a Stanley Jump Start pack that has a cig lighter 12V/5 amp output. Using the proper adaptor, the car seems to run well. I would not want to use it full time but in a pinch it should suffice nicely.

Patrick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration