Today at Harbor Freight

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Today at Harbor Freight
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 03:06 am:

Today I was with my brother in law Jim. We went into the local Harbor Freight. He headed down the side isle to look for something in the back. I was just looking around and noticed a man looking at the power tools. What caught my eye was his T-shirt.
It said Philmont Boy Scout Camp on it. That is a good way to start a conversation. So I asked him about the camp. I also said I remembered a story that I read here on the forum.
He said he had been to the camp five times so far and thought it was a wonderful place.
I asked him if he had ever seen an early Ford there. He said he could not remember seeing one but it is a big place.
So tonight I search the internet and found this:

http://mcvcg.firstwaveinc.com/2010/02/25/the-philmont-n/

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 05:28 am:

Wow what a connection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 06:37 am:

Can anyone tell me more about the Pichney plant in Dearborn where this car was originally assembled?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 07:07 am:

Hey, Tom, I think it's a fairly good and readworthy article even if he got the name of the Piquette Avenue plant wrong..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 07:18 am:

I agree the article was good read Roger. But it appears he got both the plant and the city wrong. I am not used to seeing wrong information on the internet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 09:05 am:

Ford Mo Co went right from Mack Ave to Piquette. All the N models were build at Piquette from what I could dig up.

I cannot find any mention of "Pichney" anywhere else other than that article...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 01:25 pm:

Proud to say that is one of my bodies on the sawhorse. Chuck was a great guy to deal with and did the scouts very well, indeed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration