Lights on 1914 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Lights on 1914 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 10:44 am:

I' am putting lights and turn signals on car, will be adding extera battery for this. Will it be okay to tie both negatives to the chassis, I have another battery for starting and running

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Yes,should not hurt a thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 10:55 am:

Hi Jack;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Unfortunately, nobody manufactures a bulb-socket adapter for pre-1915 side lamps, so you'll have to make one out of wire coat-hangers. I use a brain-box from "Tickin' Through Time" and it has been perfectly reliable for four years, now:

http://www.ronsmachineshop.net/Hidden_Turn_Signal_Kits.html

I didn't care for the supplied switch and instead, got a much smaller on-off-on switch from Radio Shack. It's hidden in my Hand-Klaxon mounting bracket.

Lang's sells tail-light housings and brackets that fasten to the saddle arms and look more or less unobtrusive. They'll also work as brake-lights.

Tickin' Through Time also makes a 4-way flasher kit.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration