Are these overload springs?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Are these overload springs?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 06:38 pm:

May want to use these if they are overload springs.

MikeSprings 1Springs 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 06:57 pm:

Yes,a little. Don't loose the ball bearings. If one is missing you can substitute a front ball from an old bearing. They will also make a little smother ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

Jack,

Are these two different sets, or do they go together? I have no idea how they mount. I think they would be useful on my depot hack.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, August 24, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Here's a picture from elsewhere on the forum showing how they mount:

spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 08:57 am:

Thanks...I assume one set is the front and the other is the back. The front set on mine has the mounting holes on the perch end welded up for some reason.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 09:40 am:

Maybe the perch holes were damaged or worn out and someone started to repair but never finished?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

Probably......am I right about the rear ones, because that's where I really need them. Mines a depot hack, and with any weight, it will sit lower than I like.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

These are more like anti roll than overload. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, August 25, 2014 - 06:56 pm:

I guess you'll find out how they work when the fat lady sings....or rides in the back :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration