How much is it worth?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: How much is it worth?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

I have probably been starting too many threads, but I need some advice. I need a Y-shaped spare tire carrier for my '27 T Tourer. I found a man from the midwest that has one. He has no idea what it is worth, and neither do I. I don't want to fleece myself, but I also want to make him a fair offer. The part that he has is not restored or painted, but it is straight and can be sandblasted and painted. Does anyone have an idea of how much I should offer him? I need a quick reply as I am supposed to call him back tomorrow. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 05:29 pm:

Someone else will know better but I'd say $45 total for part and shipping sounds reasonable. Especially since it needs cleaning and painting. A lot of the price is the shipping. If he's close and you're picking it up, $25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

I got $50 for a Chevy one on tbay. He would have paid more, but was only bidder. It came off a T, and had SUPERIOR stamped on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

seth is right on, unless john means with the goose neck, but if its just the Y then $25 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

Thanks, guys. I just need the Y. I'll offer $45 or $50 for the part and shipping.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration