Running board oddity

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Running board oddity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, September 01, 2014 - 08:28 am:

Took photos of the running board with the up side down Ford script. The standing board has the front to the top. The close up shows the up side down script. This board had the script covered by the acetylene generator.

The shortened diamonds either side of the rear mounting bolts show that it has not ben misdrilled.
Just for interest.

Allan from down underfront up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, September 01, 2014 - 08:35 am:

Close up showing holes for generator.close up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, September 01, 2014 - 07:13 pm:

Allan,

Looks like the running board support holes are the same size as the fender holes. That is not what I have. The running board support holes are larger. Maybe someone drilled them wrong and decided to cover up the "Ford" that turned out the wrong way. I thought all '13 and '14 were punched for acetylene generators and they are also missing from your pictured board.

The diamond pattern on both my 1913 and 1925 does not look like the pictured board where the Ford logo is. What I have is on page 183 of Bruce's Book. Same thing except no generator holes on the '25.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 09:34 am:

You have a nice early running board there. Someone obviously drilled those four holes. I'm willing to bet that running board was originally on a 1915 or 16. I wonder if there is a Made in Canada under all that paint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 05:50 am:

Larry, the front of the running board is to the left in the photo. The oddity is the up side down script. I checked for any Made In ? and there was nothing. The generator holes may well be an after manufacture addition.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 07:47 am:

The generator holes are in the wrong place for production. The carbide generator was always mounted forward of the script, not covering it.

The board was probably a mistake on the line. An oddity for sure.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration