Trying to get my 21 touring back on the road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Trying to get my 21 touring back on the road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Kolano on Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 05:50 pm:

I posted back in Dec that I was going to install some rocky mountain brakes. It's been an adventure since then.
I decided to replace the wood spokes when the wheels were off. I was able to contact a local an old order Mennonite who said he had done some before for a ''T''. He wanted to do them in oak but I insisted on hickory. That was $50 more because he had to source the wood. He has a ''buggy shop''.
So that was Feb and in May I get a call saying they are done. Yikes, all different sizes and the wood looks suspect. Not able to use them. I pay 1/2 for his troubles.
I then turn to Stutzman , and get the spokes mid Aug, but they are work of art.
Now finally I can start to get back to fixing up the ''T''.old spokes and ''new'' mennonitestutzman spoke on top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

Criminy! (about those spokes, Yikes!) I think I could do better with a hand saw and turning with my drill-press.
Welcome back!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration